Celebrating 20 years of Dedicated Service
Please continue the tradition of this independent and unique region of West County by coming together as a community and supporting the Foundation with your donation.
Together we are a strong, healthy and resilient community.
Next Upcoming Lecture:
with Mark Blankenship RN
THURSDAY JUNE 20, 2019
Did You Know…?
Sonoma West Medical Foundation fosters a critical partnership between you, the community of West Sonoma County, and our hospital in Sebastopol, through outreach, fundraising and education. Supporting your Foundation supports access to quality medical care in West Sonoma County.
Our local hospital, now Sonoma Specialty Hospital (SSH) is open and thriving under new management continuing all the usual outpatient services: Mammograms, lab tests, CT scans, telemedicine, surgery options, ICU with compassionate, personalized care
- Coming to SSH are the first Sonoma County Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) beds, desperately needed in the county, which will take pressure off our other local hospitals offering real options to our loved ones who have fallen through insurance loopholes
- SSH has opened an extended hour Urgent Care facility that will meet about 90% of the needs our previous ER offered at a much lower cost than a hospital visit
- SSH has been approved by voters to purchase the hospital, which removes the cost of operation and maintenance of the facility from the taxpayers while preserving much-needed medical services west of HWY 101
- Cradle to Career Youth Services, including a Teen Center and Anti-Bullying Program
- “First 1000 days” Early Childhood Initiative to address brain development in young children, essential to the formation of basic values, behavior and success
- Senior Healthcare programs in partnership with the Public Library and Community Center, for age-related preventative healthcare including fall prevention and foot/nail care visits for seniors and others with mobility challenges
- “Map Your Neighborhood”, developing local leadership and neighborhood teams for emergency preparedness and response to ensure isolated neighbors, the elderly, and families’ needs are not overlooked in a local crisis
- Drug Abuse and Dependency two-year pilot program for our coastal neighbors that can be adapted to the rest of the county
- Grant Program that has already awarded $122,000 to support local, impacted services, including monetary assistance to the Bodega Bay Fire Department
- Monthly Distinguished Lecture Series produced by the Foundation and hosted by Sonoma Specialty Hospital, features experts on relevant health and medical topics, free to the public
Your support of our Foundation and our partnership with our Healthcare District continue to grow programs to meet the needs of our diverse West County communities. Thank you!
Please keep in touch, ask questions and make suggestions:
245 North Main Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472
(707) 703-7664 email@example.com